Latest News – click here.
- Smithills Labour in the News – Action for Rail
- The Bigger Picture – Social care in crisis
- 20 is Plenty – Full “scheme” ahead!
- The Bigger Picture – Focusing on the NHS
- The Labour Party – Europe’s biggest political movement
- A Mayor for Greater Manchester – Andy Burnham’s the one
- Road Improvements – Yes, we ARE still mending the roads!
- Fracking – We’re against it but the Lib-Dems would betray us – see here
Welcome to the Smithills Labour Party
We are one of the seven Members’ Branches of Bolton West Constituency Labour Party and one of the 20 Labour Party Branches in Bolton.
As Labour Party members we are committed to putting those most in need in our society at the forefront of our campaigning with our main commitment embodied in our constitution:
“The Labour Party is a democratic socialist party. It believes that by the strength of our common endeavour we achieve more than we achieve alone, so as to create for each of us the means to realise our true potential and for all of us a community in which power, wealth and opportunity are in the hands of the many, not the few, where the rights we enjoy reflect the duties we owe, and where we live together, freely, in a spirit of solidarity, tolerance and respect.”
- The right of all people to freedom, democracy, justice, food, education, medical care and other essentials of life
- The right to be represented at work and not exploited
- The right of equality regardless of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, place of birth or upbringing
We very much hope that you will support us. To join the Labour Party click here.